If you are a heavy set woman, you are possibly encountering many issues when picking out your clothes. Many heavy set women feel like nothing really suits them. However, there are many ways to make this a pleasurable experience.
You might be doing a common mistake of wearing too many layers, which is the exact opposite of what you really should be doing. Your weight shouldn’t be stopping you from feeling beautiful in your clothes. Therefore, go through our extensive guide, and create a style that will give you a confidence boost every day.
Buy Flattering Clothes
Stop hiding beneath your clothes. Buy pieces that fit you perfectly and flatter your body shape instead.
- Avoid baggy clothing: The most common mistake heavy set women tend to do is buying only shapeless plus size clothing. However, these pieces will only make you look larger.
- Buy clothes that follow the natural contours of your body: Dresses that are tighter around the waist will make you look more balanced and they fit just about anyone.
- Don’t go too small, though: Pieces that are too tight will be just as unflattering as large pieces. They will highlight the things you probably want to hide, so opt for the right fit instead.
- Try out some long coats and tops: Clothes that go a bit beneath your hips may visually make your stomach look smaller.
- If you are a heavy set petite, buy tops that end above the hips: If you are petite, ignore the above advice, and wear shorter tops. They will make an illusion that you are higher than you really are.
- Gravitate toward straight-legged pants: Straight-legged pants will reduce the appearance of your thighs. You can also opt for pants with a flare, as they will make your legs look more balanced with the additional fabric at the bottom.
- Choose A-line dresses and skirts: A-line dresses and skirts flare out below the hips, thus giving you a flattering silhouette and defining your hips.
- Identify your body shape: Not all heavy set women have the same body shape. Your body might be pear-shaped, which means you are much wider around your thighs than your upper body. On the other hand, if you are widest around your stomach, that means you are apple shaped. Define your body shape, and research more about what type of clothing will suit you best.
- Choose soft fabrics: Stiff and clingy fabrics are a common choice among heavy set women. But, you should actually avoid them, as they tend to accentuate the excess weight. Choose soft, draping fabrics instead.
Choose the Correct Colors
When picking out colors of your clothes, avoid some patterns that accentuate the widest parts of your body. Nevertheless, you should not be afraid to add a splash of color either, as wearing too little color can also be unflattering.
- Don’t wear only black: It’s not a secret that black color has a slimming effect. However, you shouldn’t stack your closet with only black pieces, as they will make your style look too bland.
- Avoid pastel colors: You can buy a pastel piece now and then, but be careful as light colors can make you seem larger. Focus your colored pieces on bold and vivid colors, as they are generally more flattering.
- Avoid huge patterns: Patterns that cover your entire body are another common choice among heavy set women, but they often make you look heavier. Choose smaller patterns that cover only one part of your body instead.
- Be careful with embellishments: Details like ruffles and zippers attract attention, so make sure they are not placed directly on your thighs or stomach. You don’t have to avoid them completely, but try to focus them on the thinner parts of your body.
- Pick dark washed jeans: Light jeans tend to make your legs seem wider, so it may be best to avoid them if you carry a lot of weight in your thighs. Opt for medium and dark washed jeans instead, as they have a slimming effect.
- Get a good denim jacket: When picking your denim jacket, also gravitate towards medium and dark wash denim. Additionally, make sure it fits you right. Jackets with short waist tend to be most flattering.
- Consider your skin tone when buying your clothes: The colors that will look most flattering on your body don’t only depend on your body shape. Different skin tones match with different colors. Thus, check out some online guides to see what colors are best for dark skin tones, and what colors you should pick if you have fair skin.
Pick the Right Undergarments
A commonly neglected thing that can make or break your outfit is your underwear. If you make sure your undergarments are the right fit, you will have a great base to build your outfit on. Furthermore, you will alsohttps://www.hoticle.com/cat/plus-size-lingerie/ feel more confident, even when your underwear is the only thing you have on!
- Buy a body shaper: Body shapers will hide a little bit of excess weight, and make you look more proportionate. Even so, make sure they are not too tight. That will not only be uncomfortable, but will also leave some undesired marks on your body.
- Invest in a good bra: Most of the heavy set women have full and attractive breasts. Thus, you should aim to accentuate them, and give them proper support with your bra. An unfitting bra might make them look a bit saggy, while a proper fitting bra will make you look more feminine.
- Choose a long nightgown: Long, flowing nightgowns will wrap your curves in a feminine and flattering way. The go-to material for a nightgown is silk, but don’t be afraid to pick the ones with lace details. If you are petite, choose a bit shorter version of the same style.
And Let’s Not Forget about the Accessories
Regardless of their body shape and size, all women should amp up their style with accessories. Accessories will not only help you personalize your style. Wisely chosen accessories will also flatter your body shape.
- Heels: Heels will elongate your legs and make your overall figure look more balanced. This is especially important for petite women.
- Bold jewelry: Jewelry is something you can really have fun with. Large, bold rings, bracelets, and chokers will add an interesting note to your outfit. Furthermore, these pieces will also shift the focus from your figure to your style. Pieces like necklaces, scarves, and earrings are the best pick, as they will draw all the attention towards your face.
- Don’t go overboard: The general rule of thumb is to stick with one or two accessories with your outfit. Everything more than that will most likely be unflattering.
- Hairstyle: Hair is an important part of anyone’s appearance, and heavy set women aren’t an exception. This can be a bit more tricky, as the best hairstyle depends on many factors. Some of these factors are height, face shape, and body shape. But, generally speaking, hairstyles with more volume, waves, and layers tend to be the best choice for heavy set women.
- Make-up: Accentuate your eyes with mascara, eyeliner, and a proper eyeshadow. This will draw attention away from your chin and towards your eyes. The rest of your make-up should look more natural and subtle.
- Bag: Finish your style with a colorful bag. Choose fun patterns, girly embellishments, and bright colors.
Have fun when picking your outfits, and make it a pleasurable experience, rather than just worrying about your size.